Course of Study
The Master's program in Medical Engineering takes three semesters to complete. The curriculum has been designed to allow students to start either in the winter semester or the summer semester.
The first and second semesters include the following required classes:
- Höhere Mathematik und numerische Methoden
- Modellbildung und Simulation
- Mess- und Automatisierungstechnik mit LabVIEW
- Management und Marketing
- Führungs- und Organisationslehre
- Technische Dokumentation
- Biotechnik und Robotik
- Elektromagnetische Felder in der Medizintechnik
- Numerische Simulation mit MATLAB und Simulink
The required classes are supplemented by the four following specializations, three of which must be taken:
- Applied Neuroscience
- Biosignal analysis and Elektrophysiology
- Image Processing and Machine Vision
- Applied Neuroacoustics
Each specialization includes a lecture with seminar and a laboratory course.
In the third semester, the Master's Thesis is to be written, in which a subject-specific problem is worked on independently using scientific-academic methods. It is well possible to complete the Master's thesis abroad, as no other courses are scheduled during this semester.