The Laboratory for Control Engineering is offered in different semesters, depending on the course of study, and teaches the basics of the following topics:
- Analysis and synthesis of control loops
- Dimensioning, design and testing of various analog and digital controller types
- Computer simulation of controls and real-time applications by rapid prototyping
In addition to the standard tests carried out by all students of the relevant degree programmes, students can deepen their knowledge in the fields of automation technology by writing their seminar papers, project reports or final theses and acquire technologically highly up-to-date knowledge. One example is the automated harvesting of fruit in the agricultural sector, which is a very demanding scientific topic.
- 8 workstations with the simulation software Matlab-Simulink.
- 2 workstations for basic exercise with the Bode diagram.
- 3 heeling control setups
- 3 flow and level control systems
- 6 Process Control Boards with various controllers and controlled systems
Students learn to analyse and design control loops in the labs. The main tool is the MATLB software with the extensions of the System Control Toolbox and Simulink. The laboratory exercises cover the following topics:
- Determination of circuit parameters with frequency response analysis (Bode diagram).
- Dimensioning and simulation of the basic controller types P, PI and PID controllers on different controlled systems.
- Dimensioning by means of Bode diagram, Kessler method and Chien-Hrones-Reswick method.
- Dimensioning and simulation of discrete controllers of the PID type on selected controlled systems.